- St. Paul, MN, USA
- Full Time
Based in Somerset, WI, our client is a metal fabrication partner who takes special care in transforming small piece parts into architectural works of art. They design, build, and install, handling the project every step of the way from start to finish and assuring superior customer service.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Press Break Operator will be responsible for the day to day Press Break Operations.
• Ability to prepare and run complex bend setups and forming operations, this includes custom punch/die modification used in combination with other tooling (either standard or custom)
• Complex programming using all features of the press brake: bending at angles, step bends, proper back gauge transfer between steps, delays, etc.
• Must have a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part
• Thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
• Work with Material Handler to make sure material for each job is on schedule and in the proper location
• Ability to properly classify capability levels of personnel within the department allowing proper division of work flow
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work well with others in a leadership environment
• Ability to train less experienced operators
• Work in an efficient and timely manner
• Keep work area, including machine surfaces clean at all times
• Identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction
• Have pride in their work
• Be flexible with changing priorities
• 10 years architectural/sheet metal operator experience
The successful candidate will receive a competitive hourly salary (based on education, knowledge and experience) along with an attractive benefits package to include: paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401(k), short and long-term disability, life insurance, and more.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings